HOW WE WORK BEST
How We Work Best:
We solve supply chain challenge for high-growth manufacturers so they can deliver quality products on time to the marketplace.
The Ideal Customer
- $500,000+ annually with growth
- High production runs
- High growth rate
- Needs for engineering collaboration
- Open to exploring efficiencies
- Willing to develop a relationship with our executive team
- Level loaded customer – consistent, steady repeat work
- Throughout the entire year
- Located in the midwest
The Beginning of the Relationship
- Address the challenge
- Build Personal relationship with executive members of the team
- Get connected on site – several site visits
- Collaborate on improvements/efficiencies
- Engineering drawing review
- Complete review – Cost saving/efficiency review
The Ongoing Relationship
- Sustained OTD > 90% For All Customers
- Efficiency on Shop Floor
- Level Loading Shop Floor Schedules
- Leader Standard Works & LPA (Layer Processing Audits)
- Continuous Quality Inspection
- Manage by Work Center Hours
- Employee Retention & Reorg
- Daily Ops Reporting
- Customer Service follows up on every order
- Connected relationship between both executive teams
The Relationship Goal
Build a trusted, valued partnership where Wiley Metal helps fuel efficiency and innovation efforts.
Wiley Metal Fabricating’s Pyramid of Change
Implementing Data Metrics Leading to Customer Satisfaction
- Became a data focused company without losing our personal touch.
- Implemented a Daily Ops report tracking key metrics for the company.
- CI Project to reduce Quoting Process by 70% – Focus Team: In/Outside Sales, Engineering, Scheduling, & Purchasing
- Goal to return accurate quotes within 4 calendar days – Currently Active
- Created live schedules on the shop floor, allowing data to dictate prioritization of the shop floor.
- Managing schedules and sales by number of hours of each work center.
- Managing to an 85% capacity restraint to allow for drop in’s and hot orders.
- Creating processes that are measurable and assigning specific tasks to each level of management
- All levels of management becoming proactive vs. reactive